Friday, June 20, 2008

Late night ramble

Hello again all. I bet you thought I got lost out there in the computer world. But here I am and really I was lost in the wedding planning world and on the wedding blog page. So lets see for an update. Even though I've managed to pass off the wedding plans to most of my family ( which I give you a HUGE THANKYOU for) I still do have a few things I have to do.
So Wed Mom, Lynisha, Raimie and I headed down to Denver to pick up Beth and go wedding dress shopping. We had printed off the picture of the dress I thought I really wanted and Lynisha surched stores and printed out directions. So with Beth in the passenger seat and Gene on the other end of the phone helping to navigate we got to our first store which was closed on Wed. Well we got a bright Idea to call and see if the next store was open. It was so we headed over to the mall where the store was at and had lunch at Chilies before finding the store. Well this store was okay they did have some dresses with sleeves but really most of them were in 6-8 and I am not that small so it was hard for me to get any idea what so ever what I wanted except for the neck lines that might look okay. Well we didn't find what I liked so we went on to the next store.
This time someone got the bright idea to call ahead and see if the stores actually had the dress I wanted to try on or at least the line of dresses. Well we found a store that did so headed clear across Denver to find it. This store was really nice inside and they had racks of dresses with sleeves and big dressing rooms with a stand and mirror so you could really see well. So I started trying on dress after dress after dress. Most of them were a close size so that was really neat to be able to see what they actually looked like. So I tried on the dress that I liked from the magazine but it just wasn't right. I tried on a few others and liked one or two well enough to buy them but none really grabed my untill I found the one. I tried it on and it was just perfect.
After that we went in the paper store for a few minuets and then onto the mall to check out flower girls dresses. Well we found a few cute ones but I think mom is going to make them. Now it is on to shoe shopping which is a total different post. All for tonight.

4 comments:

The J's said...

Woops, I forgot to post flower girl dresses on my to-do list!

jrjelinek said...

glad I could remind you. See a ramble is good for something.

Huisman5 said...

Jeanne, this has been so exciting to be keeping updated on! Reading your blog and the wedding blog--makes me feel a little closer to it all! Wish I lived closer and could help out more! These days may not seem so fun with all the stress, but looking back on them will be so neat! Hang in there!

Diane T. said...

Glad you found the perfect dress. The shoes are alway easier. Autumn was pretty easy though. She ordered her dress off the internet and it was awesome.
Her shoes.....fancy decorated white flip flops.... At least they were comfortable