Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More engaged or the rest of the cherry tree story

Well good for you Dalayna. What happened was that Floyd and Jim came back from Walmart with the kids and it was time to leave and instead of hitting save now I hit publish post. So to get back to the cherry tree like Dalayna said that is under my guy so you will have to go back and read that post. Now back to my story after the cherry tree or I guess that was even before we started dating on a Thur Lynisha was tearing down wall paper and needed the kids out of the house so Floyd and I took them swimming at a motel here in town and out for icecream on a very cold day. When he came to pick me up to go get the kids he brought me flowers. How sweet for no reason at all. Then we had the birthday supper and the dating. Then came the cherry tree which was just the cake topper. He also got some little lights up around there so it is a really pretty place to sit in the evenings.
Then about a week or so latter he took me to work and somehow we started to talk about all the rings people at work wear. I said IF we ever got engaged I wanted an engagement watch not a ring because rings were just a pain at work since you always had to take them all off to clean your hands properly and they tear at the gloves we wear. Floyd: what are you kidding. Me: no I always thought an engagement watch would be nice anyway. Floyd: Well we have to get married then. Me: what why? Floyd: Because I always wanted to give my wife an engagement watch. Me: oh well. what else can I say.
Any way after that we started to plan our wedding with Nish and Jims help. Floyd also had to tell his parents as he wanted his dad to go watch shopping with him. Then we were going to just send out save the date cards to all the family by July. Well obviously that didn't quite work out as there was Antioch with all the family. So then he was going to purpose on Sat of Antioch convetnion. Well he ended up purposing on Sunday morning and since we didn't have the watch with us all the family who could came to Sidney afterwards and we had a party there. Needless to say that gave Floyd a good idea of my just jumping into something and planning as we go very quickly. I do have to learn that I have someone else I need to talk things over with now.
So we had the fairgrounds here in Sidney saved for New Years Eve which was our first choice for a date but that didn't work with everyone else we wanted there so we moved it to Aug 30th which is a lot sooner but with all my family no problem at all. So more up date as they come along. And if you have wedding Ideas please call Lynisha as she is my planner Thankgoodness as I don't know how I would handle work, getting ready for school and all that stuff I need to do and plan a wedding also.

9 comments:

Jim Weeda said...

Isn't nice to have that one moment...that one thing happen...that one sign that assures you that you are making the right choice? :) Floyd was sooo shocked over the whole engagement watch thing that he hardly knew how to tell me! It was great! :) Never seen him like this in all the time I've ever known him! So nice to see you two falling in love!!

Dalayna said...

That's a great story! :)

Good thing you don't have to worry about getting things together in time with our family!! If there's one thing we're good at doing quick, it's a fantastic wedding.

The J's said...

Well, I had read the story, I was just giving you a bad time about the "rest of the story" coming first!!
And, isn't it fun that we all love planning and pulling off beautiful weddings?!

Diane T. said...

Well, I loved your story. The wedding date is the same as our anniversary. I got proposed to on July 3rd, so we have you beat for a shorter engagement. Hey, I believe in short engagements, it shortens the stress time and everything gets done.

Huisman5 said...

Grandma and Grandpa J. only dated 3 months--and saw each other only three times in that time! They made it 57 years!

The Flog said...

Yes, and to find out why we didnt get a picture of the "cherry tree" when it was beautiful, read facial hair. lol

Heather said...

Congrats, Jeanne! Great to read your story! :)

Raimie said...

When you told me about the watch and everything at convention I got goosebumps! I'm so happy for you both!I'm having a blast watching the wedding unfold and getting the fun e-mails from Nish. Thank goodness for your sister, huh? Felicity is soooo excited about being a flower girl and is already talking about it all the time. Jeffrey and I are excited that we will share an anniversary with you... it's a good day! We'll have been married 5 years the day you get married! This life goes by crazy fast!

Unknown said...

I do love the watch story, Jeanne - especially since that is what Russ got me for our engagement! Many congrats to you and family - it is exciting to see this happening for the both of you!!