Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lyrah Renee




Well I don't really know where to start. This last 7 days have been busy ones. Last Thur was my last day of work. Friday we had our Dr appt to go to and not much had changed. I was dilated to 2 or 3 I don't remember and 70% effaced. Dr said anytime now so I went back home. When we got home I packed to go home with mom and we left that evening for Kearney. Sat am I got up feeling kinda crampy and ready to get the show on the road. Around noon I started having heavy contractions the kind that you have to focus through and Floyd had just got to Kearney so that was good. I had an absolutely wonderful labor team and every move or need was anticipated. I tried all sorts of positions and found several comfortable ones but couldn't stay any one way for long. As far as having pushing contractions well I can't say that I had many and she wasn't crowning or didn't seem to me to even be moving down. I would start a pushing contraction and it would just disappear into a regular one or I would start a regular one and then end up pushing but a contraction start to finish with pushing involved I don't think happened until the last one and then little bit came flying out into grandpas arms. No she didn't come a little bit at a time either she came all at once.
I ended up tearing really bad so have that to deal with but when I look at her it is totally all worth it and would do it all again. When I got back home we went to the Dr for an exam and I have a 4th degree tear with swelling so they can't do anything about it right now. For the time being I am on antibiotics and anti-inflammatory until the inflammation goes down and they can have a colo/rectal surgeon examine me and see what they can do. So I am looking forward to a long road to bottom recovery but then nothing in this pregnancy was normal so I am quite used to the abnormal popping up to deal with and it may give me more time off work to spend with little bit which I am all for.

5 comments:

Laura Jelinek said...

Hi!! Hugs to you and Floyd and "Little Bit" tell her Auntie La really really loves her....and you have to say it in that strange voice too....LOL Can't wait until you 3 can come visit. LOVE< Laura

The J's said...

Can't wait to come tonight to see her again (OH! and you too...hehe)
Sure looking forward to next week.
It was an awesome birth, wasn't it!!

Unknown said...

You did have a special birth! Sorry about the tear, ouch. I had a bad tear with Adair too (not 4th, probly 3rd), even tho he wasn't very big - because he also came really fast and just kind of flew out too! (Probly that was why I tore, no time for tissue there to stretch.)Anyway, enjoy all the time you can with your adorable little bit!

Njos Family said...

She is soo cute, and I love the colors of her baby room. Very fun.

Jeanette said...

congratulations! she's beautiful.